THE POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
The Polytechnic College was founded in 1956 as a wing of the Rural Institute, called the School of Engineering, under the National Council for Rural Higher Education. In 1974, the Institute was affiliated to the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Government of Tamilnadu. It is since its inception the college has made remarkable achievements and last year it was certified as an ISO 9001 2000 institute.
The college is committed to provide quality educational services lays special emphasis on all-round development of personality by inculcating values, both secular and spiritual, in the student the wholesome education which is intended to provide a character building and man-making education is to produce enlightened citizens of our country.
Established in 1956
Student Strength : 850 (only boys)
Duration : Three years
Hostel Facilities : Partly Residential
Telephone : 2692432
Email : [email protected]
* Diploma in Civil Engineering
* Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
* Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
* Diploma in Information Technology
* The institution is recognized by the AICTE and enjoys autonomous status since 1983.
* Medium of Instruction is English.
* Candidates belonging to other states are also eligible to apply.
* The computer department has internet facility open to students and the staff. Basic computer training is provided to all the students.
* Physical education is a part of its autonomous curriculum.
* Audit courses in value education, culture, ethics and other topics on personality development.