TAT Kalanilayam is a non-residential co-educational Middle School catering to the needs of students from the local community. Most of the students are from families that are financially weak. The school facilitates good rapport with the neighbourhood.
Student Strength: 700 (Co-ed)
Courses Offered: I to VIII Standard
Medium of Instruction: Tamil
Hostel Facilities: Nil
Telephone: (0422) 269 2676
- Scout-training is given to students studying in Stds. VII and VIII.
- Extra coaching in sports is given to select students.
- Special training in music and yoga is given to the students.
- Concession in fees is given to select deserving students based on their merit and economic status.
- In recent years, the performance of the students in district-level competitions has been outstanding.
- Free noon-meals, textbooks and uniforms are given to some students based on their economic and health status.
- Inclusive education is provided in the forenoon to about 45 students who are found to be suffering from disabilities such as moderate mental retardation, visual impairment, hearing impairment, and orthopaedic disability. And in the afternoon, certified special education teachers take care of the special educational needs of these children. These disadvantaged children are also screened and administered homeopathic medication, besides being put through kolam and music therapies.