An Appeal : Bharati Nagar – Rural Development Project
In 2013, in commemoration of Swami Vivekananda’s 150th Birth Anniversary, Rural Development Work was taken up at Sri Bharathi Nagar, a most backward interior village near the Western Ghats, about 8 km from Vidyalaya, where about 300 poor families are living. The following activities are carried out here:
- Free education to 150 children (I – X STD) in our school. They are picked up at Bharathi Nagar in our school bus in the morning, provided with breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and tuition, and afterwards dropped back at their colony.
- We also grant scholarship to those who want to pursue higher studies.
- During 2016-17, 1470 cases were treated in Bharathi Nagar and Palamalai village through medical camps held on every Sunday.
- Free Deepavali clothes, crackers, fruits, sweets to the children
- Sheep and goats, calves have been given to the deserving beneficiaries.
- Assistive devices have been distributed to the differently abled persons.
- Free training on tailoring course for women
- Our private Balwadi for 25 kids
- A small library is functioning.
- Swami Vivekananda study circle has been formed with 25 youths. Once in a month they read Swami Vivekananda’s life and teachings, and discuss. They also volunteer in all the service activities / programmes held there.
- Cultural programmes by the children, Thiruvizhakku Pooja by the women are conducted regularly.
For all the above-mentioned activities we have spent about Rs. 25 lakhs during the year 2016-17. So, we invite you all to participate in this Seva by contributing as much as possible. Your generosity will make a difference to the indigent and downtrodden masses, by allowing us to continue in our work. Remember that every donation makes a difference, regardless of size.
Donations may be made in favour of Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore. Donations are exempted from income tax U/s 80(G) of the Income Tax Act.
You may remit the amount to our Bank account directly :
Bank Name: INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK, Name of Account: RAMAKRISHNA MISSION VIDYALAYA,
Account Number: 256101000015000, RTGS / IFS Code : IOBA0002561 Branch : PERIYANAICKENPALAYAM BRANCH Bank Address: 40/661, METTUPALAYAM MAIN ROAD, COIMBATORE – 641 020
Please send your full address and others details after contribution.
This is very important for us. Write us at : email@example.com
or Contact by phone : (0422) 2692676, 9944941427
Thanking you in advance for your support,
Yours in the service of the Lord,